Desiccants retain the value of your commodityWithin closed or hermetically restricted space there is always a microclimate, in which microorganisms can exist. They can influence the environment and damage or destroy the articles which are in it.
Even glass is affected: Fungi can withdraw the mineral constituents in glass, consequently resulting in turbidity (or haze). This is detrimental – e.g. where high-quality optical glasses are concerned.
Jennifer La-BarbaDomestic Sales
Tel.: +49 (0) 6441 21089-30
Elena MauraInternational Sales
Tel.: +49 (0) 6441 21089-44
TROPACK highly active desiccants deliver cost benefits and security for your products
- No damage in transit or storage due to moisture
- Minimize complaints
- Reduction of insurance premiums / no risk exclusions
- Simplified packing
- Optimizing transportation time
- Regeneration and environmentally friendly disposal of the drying agent
Desiccants abolish harmful humidityFor their metabolism, microorganisms need humidity. This is where a desiccator is applied: When enough humidity is withdrawn from an area or container, these microorganisms, often fungi, can not survive.
- Calculation based on DIN 55474
- Table of quantities for additional packing material
- Table of quantities for 200 µm polyethylene film packaging
- Table of quantities for heat-sealable barrier films
The information given here is not binding and only for orientation. Please adapt all details about working with the desiccant bags to local conditions and materials used. We are more then happy to answer your packaging questions, just contact us.